Sunday, March 22, 2009

Visitors

Sunday we got to meet up with Esther Gobble, a friend from our church in Elizabethton, TN. She was down here with a work team ministering to a school a couple hours outside Port with Pastor Preval. We went to church with her in the morning, and she spent the afternoon with us. During the service all of the team members shared a short devotional or something God had laid on their heart. Todd shared a little bit from Galatians 5:22-25, and then they asked the kids to come sing something (thinking it would probably be in English). Kyle and Megan sang the Creole song they know best, I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down in my Heart. Then the choir director spontaneously had the entire congregation stand and sing it! Oh my! They had the drums, trumpets, electric guitar, etc. plus clapping and beautiful, loud singing voices. It was a lot of fun to watch. They probably sang that chorus 13x or more. :)

4 comments:

  1. Jen, Todd, and the cutest kids,
    I loved reading your blog and seeing pics of Dave and Hannah, it was great seeing them since I haven't seen them in years. It, of course, brought me back to all the time I have spent with your family. I always remember Hannah as being 6, not 26, she has grown up and is just as tall as you are Jen. You all are doing the neatest work and I'm happy for you all, maybe you could write a book? Have a blessed day and I need to get to the books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were special times. We sure appreciate all of the time you spent with our family, Terri.
    Hannah is all grown up now...a nurse in Nashville. Hard to believe.
    God has blessed us in so many ways all along our journey here. It is neat to look back and see His faithfulness.
    We love you, Terri. Thanks for writing. Study hard! :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Todd. It was really good to see you and the family on Sunday. I apologize for teh surprise invitation to speak, but you did great. They were particulalry pleased you addressed them in Creole. The kids did great too.

    We all arrived home safely Tuesday after driving from Miami. About 16 hours total drive time. If thee is anything you need, please let us know. We will continue to follow your blog. God bless and keep you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esther Gobble SAID:
    I loved spending time with your family Sunday.It was really good being with you.Your children is something real spacial to me.They did a greeat job in sanging. If there any thing you need let me know and will try to get it to you. Hope to see you next year. I will pray for you and your family. God bless you

    ReplyDelete