Monday, September 21, 2009

Cute Homework

School is now well underway for Kyle and Megan this year. It was wonderful for them to start this year with the classmates they met at the end of last year. I just started helping out in their classrooms last week, so I feel much more connected to what each of them is doing and learning. Megan's first grade teacher is Mrs. Jean-Charles, which Megan insists on pronouncing with a French accent. :) Kyle's teacher is Ms. Kuhnle, who is young and energetic and very encouraging.
My favorite part of home-schooling when we were in Pignon was reading the kids' creative writing. Some days it was like pulling teeth to get them to write, but the end result made the effort worthwhile. :)
I would like to share a couple of very short but cute things they have done recently.

My name is Megan E. Edgerton
I like to play Barbs (Barbies).
I like to eat cheas and rice (cheese and rice).



Name: Kyle Edgerton
Age: 8
Favorite things to do: swim, play x-box, play outside, exercise, play with my sister and talk
When I write a book about my life, the first scene will be being an MK in Guatemala.
Someone who has inspired me is Mr. McMann (PE teacher/coach who is going to start a soccer program on Mondays after school) because I like to exercise.
When I recognize someone I know, I say hi and talk. If they are my relative I hug them.
A very important custom in my family is before I go to bed my mom and dad pray with us.
It is important because We pray so we can talk to God.

1 comment: